Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Emotional Rollercoaster



Well, we happy to announce the newest arrival to our family. No, I'm not talking about me having our baby 7 weeks early although that would be nice. I'm referring to our new baby horse filly. She was born early this morning and is just the cutest little thing ever!


Now for some sad news... while trying to get our little colt to nurse this morning, our beloved kitty cat Mater was ran over. It was the most awful sound I've ever heard and it was so sad. We have to keep telling Cass that Mater is just outside sleeing. So sad.

Now for more good exciting news... our trip to San Francisco was wonderful and Adam did great! He took 4th overall out of 15! He did so well and all of the people there were really impressed that it was his first show and that he was so good. I am SOOOO proud of him! Here he is kicking this cow's butt!


The next bit of bad news is our little man had to be hospitalized again when his second tube was removed. Apparently, after major bladder surgery, the bladder can go into shock and may have a hard time restarting itself. This was the case with Cass. He didn't pee for awhile after the tube was removed which was causing him intense discomfort and pain. We took him into the hospital where he was admitted and luckily we only had to stay a short while. Now, we're cathing him every 4 hours until his bladder starts to work properly.

So, that's it for this emotional rollercoaster. Hope you enjoyed the ride.... Wish us less bad luck and R.I.P. Mater kitty cat.

5 comments:

The Frame Family said...

Poor little Mater :(
I can't wait to see the new family member though! Cass is going to love her I'm sure! Tell Adam congrats for us! That's awesome that he did so well! How has Cass been doing since he's been home? I tried to call you the other day to see how things were going...you were probably at work though. When are you coming up again?

Unknown said...

Oh so sad for the cat! Your life really has been up and down. I hope life gets a little easier for you soon. Give your little man a hug from me! I hope he heals like he should
loves
Briette

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

Way to go Adam!!!

Sara said...

SAD! I am sorry! Animals become you family!! And I hope Cass is doing better. If this procedure went well would this be his last? How hard to watch your littleman go through so much! I wish you better luck!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe Adam is racing... so awesome! and 4th on the first swing...SWEET! I'm glad Cass surgery went well. How is he feeling since he's been home? Love the pics of you three. You look great! How's the oven cookin along? Are you feeling ready about now to deliver?!