Monday, April 7, 2008

58 DAYS? What?

OK, so I know I am a major slacker. I logged on today and saw that I only have 58 more days until I officially have two children. Where did the time go? That is so nuts!

Anyway, things are going really well for us. Cassidy had his surgery on the 14th of March and did really well. I neglected to take my camera with me AGAIN, so I didn't get to take a picture of him hooked up to his machines with nothing but his cowboy boots and cowboy hat on... literally nothing else. He insisted! It was hysterical. He kept telling Adam and me that "I gotta get out of here". We knew he was doing much better after a few days because he started cussing at all of the nurses that tried to touch him. He came home with about a four inch incision and two tubes coming out either end of the incision. He had one of the tubes removed two weeks ago and will have the other removed tomorrow. We're hoping that his bladder is strong enough to start pushing all of that urine out! I took a picture of his incision with one of the little tubes hanging out.

I had to cover up his little pee-pee. Anyway, he has been such a little trooper through it all and we are truly blessed that he is such a tough little kid.

In other exciting news, Adam has been training for months and months for a horse show that we will be at next Saturday. We have to drive all the way to San Francisco, which I'm thrilled to do considering gas is so cheap right now, but I am so excited for him. He has worked so hard and I am so proud of him! Good luck Adam!

Well, I'm off to Salt Lake. I hear it's snowing... ughhh!!

11 comments:

The Frame Family said...

Oh my gosh, you're alive!!! How are things? I can't believe you only have 58 days to go...that is just too crazy! I am thinking that we will be coming down next when you have the babe...sorry it's not sooner! Cassidy's incision looks great! Are you coming back up here to get the other tube removed?

Unknown said...

angi... your little guy is so tough! I just cant believe all he has gone through and I am so happy that he is getting better.
loves
briette

Anika said...

Yay- I was beginning to think you had given up on blogging! lol! I'm glad Cassidy is doing better... I love that he would swear at the nurses! Where did he learn that!? JK!

Rachelle said...

Thats great that Cassidy did so great! and I hope getting the other tube out, went just as good. - you need to post a prego belly shot!

BAWC said...

hi guys! i am so glad to hear an update from you. so happy that cass is doing well. good luck to adam at his event. take care
april blair and wyatt

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

So glad to hear that Cass is doing good. What a tough little cowboy!! It's crazy to think that we are going to have two kids soon. I hope you have a girl this time!!! Tell Adam good luck!!! Have fun paying that $4 a gallon on your trip though. Keep us updated!!

Sara said...

So Sad! I hope he is doing better! How hilarious he was cursing at the nurses! Like mother like son!! JK! I was thinkning the other day about Jr. Jazz and when you tackled the girl who fouled you! So funny! I miss you and congrats to adam on his horse show!

Laura said...

Good to hear from ya! I love that Cassidy cusses (I think that is all Boston is going to do soon because of my brothers!) I'm glad that he is getting better, we need to get together sometime when you are up here...someone needs to have a shower so we can hangout. (I think that is the only time I ever see you!)

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

58 days wow! Are you ready for this? Luckily you are the type that can handle anything and everything, so two kids should be a breeze. I am glad Cassidy is doing ok, he sure is tough.

We are going private. Could you leave your email address on our blog?

RaCHeL said...

Hi! Cass makes me laugh. He is such a cute & tough kid. I can't believe you only have like 53 days left. It'll be here before you know it. Be safe on your drive out to the show & have fun! XOXO

Katie said...

that is my favorite that he was swearing at the nurses!!! i love it! what kind of riding does adam do? i would have never guessed that he would do this. the reason why i ask is because i show horses to and we are in california a lot, but i would bet he does not ride jumping horses or dressage horses....he's got to be a cowboy!