Thursday, April 17, 2008

Emotional Rollercoaster continued....

So, one more low for everyone.... last night our new little filly died. I promise we really are good stewards of our animals, but when this little colt was born sometime early yesterday morning, she slid under a fence, so mother and baby were seperated for we don't know how long. By the time we saw that they were separated, Fiona's (mother) bags were so tight, the baby couldn't suck. I milked almost 3 pints out of Fiona before the baby could even distinguish where a teet was. She was doing well after that, so we aren't sure what happened in the middle of the night, but she was in an eternal sleep when Adam checked her this morning. Needless to say, Adam and I are way bummed! R.I.P. little filly.

13 comments:

The Frame Family said...

So sad!! I'm sorry Ang! Are you going to try to get another one soon?

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

I'm so sorry!! You really have been through an emotional Rollercoaster. Hope everything gets better for you soon.

Laura said...

Sad! I'm sorry, hope everything is okay and you don't have any more bads to report.

Unknown said...

what the freak.... ok I need some good news from you already... no more sad ( I live in an unrealistic happy- endings place... want to join!!)

Rachelle said...

Oh my gosh Angi...That is so sad! talk about the worst week EVER! Hope everything starts going better.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry! You just can't catch a break. We had horses growing up and had a filly die once too. It's so sad...

I hope things get better for you.

Anika said...

Oh my gosh Ang! Your poor family that past few days! I hope that Cass gets better with his bladder and that you have some better news soon!

Lindsay said...

Oh that's so sad. I'm sorry about the little horsey and the cat! What a bummer with both.

But that's awesome about Adam though in San Fransisco! Way to go! And I can't believe how soon you will have 2 little ones. That's so exciting! How is little Cassidy doing now since your last update?

Sara said...

WHAT?!So sorry girl!

Sara said...

Hey Ang!! No I am not on bed rest... when I was 20 weeks along I went to the hospital twice with contrations, but they have stopped. The Doc said I was also 60% effaced at the time, but said they don;t know if that was normal cause they never check women that early on!! So it has all turned out well in the end... though scary at the time!! Thanks for the concern!! Jow are you guys doing in your roller coaster of a life? I am really sorry about your animals!

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

I'm feeling ok!!! How are you feeling? You only have less then 5 weeks left. It's coming up soon but it seems like this last little bit is dragging.

Alta High Class of 2001 said...

You have been added to the Alta High Class of 2001 blog. Check it out.

Laura & Tyson said...

Sorry to hear about the colt. That is tragic. So does Adam still ride the Harleys?