Monday, July 7, 2008

Where have the last 4 weeks gone?






Well, our little Remi officially turned 4 weeks old yesterday. It has been such a whirl-wind with two kids, but I'm absolutely loving it! We have been blessed with the easiest baby ever. Remi slept through the night the third or fourth night home despite my efforts to wake her. Is that normal? Now we've got her on a schedule so she wakes once between 11 and 7 to eat. At her two week appointment she'd already gained 6 ounces and 1/2 an inch. I've really enjoyed being able to nurse her after all the trouble I had nursing Cass. I did get a breast infection the second week which I thought I was going to die from, but a shot in the rear and some antibiotics and I was feeling much better after a few days. Thank goodness for modern medicine.




Cass has certainly changed his feelings about Remi. He absolutely loves her! He's constantly wanting to hold her, play with her or 'just look at her'. He's such a sweet little boy! We went to the doctor and had some x-rays and tests done to see if the surgery in March was successful or not. We're happy to report that everything looks like it was a success and now we only have to cath once a day. I'm hoping we can now get back on track with potty training. It's so wonderful to finally see my little boy putting on some weight, getting taller and actually wanting to eat! Again, thank goodness for modern medicine!!
Being a mom is so wonderful!

21 comments:

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

So cute!!!!I can't believe it's been 4 weeks either. It has gone by so fast. Next time you come up we should go to lunch or something i would love to see you guys.

looks like Remi is a good eater. She has some big cheeks on her.Irelynn gained 13 oz on her 2 week appointment and 1 in. she is my little chubbs.

The Frame Family said...

Finally more pictures!! I'm so glad that Cass' appointment went so well! I know I keep saying this, but we really do want to come down there soon...maybe when Dustin goes back to work and we actually have money again :)

Rachelle said...

She is so cute Angi! I cant believe she already slept through the night - good work! Your family is adorable.

Lindsay said...

Remi is so cute, what a little sweetheart! I'm so sorry you got a breast infection, luckily i haven't got one but i've heard they are the worst. And i'm so glad Cassidy is doing better, that is such good news. Can't believe you have two kids, we should try to get together sometime your up here, I'd love to see you and the little tikes!

Brad and Jade said...

Angi what a cute family you have. I can't believe how good she is doing at night that's awesome. I love all of her hair. I hope everything continues to go good for you and your family!!

BAWC said...

your ninos are so darling! well done. i can't believe the hair on Remi. I am happy that little Cass is doing better and that his surgery was successful. now you can breathe!

Megan said...

Maybe Remi can teach Georgia about this "sleeping through the night". (a foreign concept to any of my girls until they are months and months and months old). We are excited to come and see you guys. Brace yourselves. There are six of us now!

RaCHeL said...

Absolutely precious! I think she looks just like you! I'm glad to hear that things are going good for you & your family!

Anika said...

She is SO pretty Ang! I love all her dark hair!

Anonymous said...

Oh Angi, she is beautiful!! And I'm so glad Cassidy is doing well too. What a cute little family! :)

Jamilyn and Clark said...

Well I would tell you how cute your kids are, but everyone else already has! Congatulations on a beautiful family and I'm glad everyone is healthy. By the way, I already had your link on my blog. You were one of the first on there, hope you feel special. Love ya!

A girl named Holly... said...

ANGI!!!!!

Your comment on my blog, by far one of the best! It was so great to even just get a one liner from you. I love Angi! Your baby is beautiful...of course. I'm so happy I can blog stalk you now:) LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you all. You have some dang cute kids!!! I can't believe she is already sleeping through the night! Kash is still waking up at least 3 times to eat.. the little chunk!

Anonymous said...

Angi
Your blog is toooo cute! The kids are just darling. We also would love to see you. Tell my Aunt Patti hi from all of us.
Love ya
Lorri

Brant & Lindsay said...

Angi!
Your family is so cute! Remi is a little doll! I love all her hair! Hope all is going well!
Linz

Sara said...

She is so cute angi!! She looks like her mom... I think! How fun... 2 in definately a crazy time, but totally worth it! I cannot believe she already slept through the night... you lucky girl! WOW!! Glad you are all doing well, and I promise I will update her soon!! I don't know what to write!!

Erin Bradley said...

She is so, so adorable. I am so sad we haven't got to see her yet. We are horrible. Tell Remi thanks though cuz she got Afton and Hudson off the bottle. We told Afton that Remi needed to borrow them and then hid them. It's about time huh? I'm glad cute Cass is loving her.

whit said...

Ang..Thanks so much for letting us come stay with you guys. We had so much fun and your children are darling and so much fun. We really need to see you guys more often. Thanks for finding my blog..hopefully I'll be better at updating it. Have fun at the ranch.

Sara said...

I just noticed looking at her again... her and Adrie have the same hair do!! Yeah for Mohawks!

matt b. said...

Return that furry monkey to the zoo.

Just kidding. she is real cute! i'm just jealous because she has hair and i don't.

Rachael said...

angi, congrats on your baby girl , she is so beautiful. cass is so cute.