Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Ok, so it's not because I'm a slacker that I haven't updated for so long. We've had quite a lot happen in the last month.... Let me explain; it's a long story so bear with me.

Cassidy got sick the day after Halloween with what we thought and the doctor's thought was a stomach flu. A few days later, he still wasn't getting better and wasn't eating much and so I called the doctor again and they said, "Give it a few more days." So, I waited a few more days, in the meantime starting my blog page, and then a week had past with Cass not eating, puking, sleeping 20 hours a day, etc. So, we took him to the E.R. They did x-rays, spinal taps, blood work, all kinds of tests, and after about 8 hours, they figured out that his kidneys were failing. We were ambulanced up to Primary Children's where Cass stayed for 11 days. He was diagnosed with sudden kidney failure and now is listed as a child with Cronic Kidney Disease. While in the hospital he had surgery to remove some flaps in his urethra and relieve some of the pressure on his ureters and kidneys. His kidney function is now at 50% which is awesome and a lot better than any of the doctors had expected for Cass. We are so blessed that he seems to be getting better everyday. He has a lot of medication to take, and Adam and I have to place a cathedar through his little pee-pee into his bladder three times a day which is not fun for us, let alone for a two year old. We figure that our attitude towards it makes it easier for all of us and if it's helping Cass, we'll do it as long as we have to. It's incredible how tough these little guys are. We don't have it nearly as bad as others, so we are truly truly blessed.
On a happier note, Cassidy is so excited for Christmas! He had a taste of present-opening early at my family Christmas party and now thinks he can unwrap every present. We went to Cabela's and they had a Santa and I thought Cass would be scared to death, but he just marched right up there with his reindeer boots (John Deer boots, he thinks all things with antlers and reindeer) and sat right on Santa's lap and told him about his reindeer boots. It was hysterical! As we were leaving he had to turn around about 4 times to tell Santa Claus bye. He's so freaking cute!!
We're going to be spending our first Christmas away from Salt Lake this year. I must say I have mixed feelings. I am so excited to wake up at our own house and not have to drive around all over God's green Earth going places, but I'm sure going to miss not having our families with us. If anyone wants to come on Christmas Day, they're more than welcome!
Anyway, that's the latest and greatest from our family.
Merry Christmas to everyone! We love you all!

11 comments:

Anika said...

Angie- I am so sorry to hear about little Cassidy. I hope everything continues to get better- we will be praying for him! I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card. I thought I had it, but I don't. I had to reorder more cards and lost all my addresses. Anyway, let me know! Merry Christmas!

The Frame Family said...

Finally!! I'm pretty upset that you aren't coming for Christmas, and that I am not going to be able to see you on your birthday! But I can't wait until you come up again. I promise we'll come down again soon! Love ya!

RaCHeL said...

Hi lady! Love the blog. That story about Santa & Cass is great! He sure is a cute little guy. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas in your home. Love ya!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Hi Angi! It's Tamara- I love your blog. And I'm sorry to hear about your sweet Cassidy...I'm glad that he is doing better. That has probablly been so hard. You seem so positive though. Congrats on baby # 2 coming...that is awesome! WE'll have to keep in touch. Our blog is toddtamandpreslee.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Angi, That is cary! I am so sorry! He is so cute!!! I hope you had a great birthday and Christmsa... did you know it's been a year since we have seen you?!! Hope to see you soon! I miss you!
Love ya and I hope Cass gets feeling better...Love you,
Sara

Lindsay said...

Ang, that is so scary, I can't believe that. What a scary thing for you guys to have to go through. I'm so glad he is doing better. We will be thinking about and praying for you guys.

Congrats on your little baby on the way! That is so exciting. Lets keep in touch. Love ya.

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

Angie- I am so sorry to hear about Cass but glad he is doing better. I can't believe that happened. I hope all is well and doing better now and I hope you had a good christmas in your home. Congrats on baby number 2! that is so exciting! anyway, hope your year starts out on a good foot. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Angi, I miss you! I hope all is well with Cass I would love to chat and catch up. I want to hear the latest. Sincerely, let me know if there is anything I can do!

Sara said...

So I didn't know you were Prego!!! Thats exciting! I am due June 18... when are you do and do you know what you are having? So fun!! And Congrats!!! When will we see you again?

Sara said...

Hey it's me again, sara, anyways... are you not finding out what you are having? If your not... you are strong! I really couldn't do it... though I think it would be awesome! Call me when you guys are up if you have time!! You probably have the number since it's been the same since highschool! LAME!!

Anonymous said...

Angi! How are you?! I randomly found your blog through a friend's of a friend's site. I can't wait to keep tabs on your life. Your little Cassidy is adorable! Keep in touch. Our blog is www.robteri.blogspot.com